Saturday 13 August 2011

Paw prints vs imprints



My master complains about my paws and its claws. She thinks I am too lazy to lift my legs, which is true. I do as little work as possible. But being lazy is not a good thing. So we had my nails clipped. I felt abondened and hurt since I dont like these places where they groom and make dogs pretty. I am not a pretty dog, I like my old smelly dog smell and it is a comfort in that. I dont want to change but it got done and my master felt proud of herself (I gave it to her). I have to admit I do have an ego, its always been there since I was born. I am a bully (but not a dog who hurts other dogs, only takes pride in knowing what I like). I am kindhearted, a little stubborn and likes to get my butt scratch. Is that too much to ask for! I know my master wishes that I was a little bit different at times and not so single minded on things that doesnt really matter. But this is how I was born, English bulldogs are stubborn, so why should I change that. That requires a lot of time and energy.

When I am going out for a walk to do my thing, I meet up with a lot of people. Some of them loves me and have a chat, others are busy keeping their own dogs on a distance so they dont bark at me. Why are all these dogs always barking at me? I am starting to doubt myself: maybe I should take a deeper look at my life and the way I think and act. If I change a few things in the way I view myself I might get along with more dogs which will make me happier at the end. So I started to take inventory on my thoughts and the imprints I got from my doggy parents. I had to spend some time to research my way of thinking and how that relates to getting along with other dogs. I will get back to that later. It really helped. 

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of getting your nails clipped, have you ever painted your nails? I met a cat once who had enamel red nails... his human had decided to do that to stop him from clawing the couch but he's kept it up since because he feels rather stylish.

    ReplyDelete